The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory (FBMlab, https://neurocenter-unige.ch/research-groups/christoph-michel/) directed by Prof. Christoph Michel, Department of Basic Neurosciences at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, is opening 2 research assistants (RA) positions as a part of a project on Improvement of Autobiographical Memory in Mild Cognitive Impairment, directed by Dr. Lucie Bréchet in collaboration with Prof. Giovanni Frisoni.
Summary of the project
We will evaluate brain activity during autobiographical memory (ABM) ecologically valid tasks using high-density electroencephalography (hdEEG) in cognitively-unimpaired younger and older adults and age-matched individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI). We will then employ personalized, multi-channel Transcranial Alternating Current Stimulation (tACS) to modulate brain oscillations and evaluate the impact on ABM.
The RAs will recruit healthy participants, prepare the personalized memory tasks, apply tACS and collect behavioral, MRI, and hdEEG data. In addition, the RAs will be in charge of the REDCap database.
The ideal candidate must:
– have a MSc degree in neurosciences, psychology, or equivalent
– have an acquired knowledge of basic EEG collection and analysis (at least pre-processing, knowledge of Cartool software ideal)
– be motivated, know how to work independently and in a team
– have a first-level knowledge of programming (Matlab, R, Python)
– have a professional level of French and English
– have a previous solid experience with a healthy and clinical population
– have to work in synergy with personnel at the Memory Center, HUG
We offer a competitive UNIGE/HUG salary. The positions are available immediately.
If interested, please contact Dr. Lucie Bréchet (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send a motivation letter, CV, diploma, and 1-2 references.